Own Your Period by Chella Quint
Own Your Period focuses entirely on periods, helping young girls to understand their bodies, hormones, and emotions. This sensitive, detailed book provides all the facts, feelings, and frustrations about living with periods.
Provides young girls with vital knowledge about their bodies so that they can grow-up more self-aware, empowered, prepared, and able to manage the ups and downs of their monthly cycle. By tracking period cycles and analyzing energy levels and moods, for example, throughout the month it's possible to predict when you'll be at your best, or your most creative, when you need to rest, or when you should try and avoid stressful situations.
- Starting your period (puberty) - why we have them and what they're like
- Body changes
- Understanding your cycle, tracking your cycle
- The lowdown on fertility and contraception (including how some types of contraception stop periods)
- PMS and hormones
- Period mythbusters
- Problem periods
- Period products and choices
- Periods around the world (cultural responses to periods and organisations that are improving attitudes, including period poverty and activism)
- Self-care, body positivity, and looking after yourself
Light-hearted, insightful illustrations, and friendly informal text makes this everything-you-need-to-know book about periods an essential reference book, that teens can refer to when their periods start, but more importantly when their cycle is more established, and they have more questions, weird pains, and strange emotions.